Kitchens are often the hub of the household now; not just for cooking, a kitchen can be a social space for family and friends. Norvetts electricians offer a range of electrical services for domestic kitchens, including kitchen wiring. We work across across East Sussex, including Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham, Seaford areas.
- Lighting- LED downlights set into the ceiling give a modern look with good illumination, and feature pendants can soften the atmosphere of a dining area. Worktops benefit from under-cabinet strips which can be very slim. LED lighting comes in various shades of white, which can alter the décor.
- Sockets-Those for appliances like a dishwasher can have a switch above the worktop so they are easier to switch off. Under-cabinet sockets fit neatly up under the wall cupboards, almost out of sight. Pop-up sockets, some of which come with USB ports and speakers, slide away into the worktop when not in use.
- Fans- sometimes called “mechanical extraction”. There are building regulation rules for how fast the air must be moved from a kitchen or utility room. It may need ducting from your hob to the outside.
- Cookers-have a separate electrical “feed”, usually larger than other kitchen items. When choosing your cooker, note that some (especially range cookers) need a large feed, and you will need to have the cable installed before the cooker arrives. The big stores’ delivery and install service will only connect the new cooker if you have the correct feed.
- Fire detection – building regulations require a kitchen to have a heat detector.
- Any other kitchen wiring requirements you may have.
For more information on what we offer such as kitchen wiring in East Sussex, please contact us! We also offer bathroom wiring across East Sussex, Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford.