Huge advances have been made in electric heating technology, making it very efficient and controllable. If using electricity from renewable sources, it could also be more environmentally friendly than a conventional boiler system. Our heating engineers are happy to advise on electric heating to suit your budget and lifestyle. We often help with heating services across East Sussex, including areas such as Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford.
- Storage heaters- The technology has advanced a lot recently, greatly improving this economical way to heat your home. Our heating engineers install storage heaters, which use cheaper off-peak electricity at night, storing heat to release through the following day. High Heat Retention storage heaters are the latest generation, and best for adjusting to suit your lifestyle.
- High Heat Retention models Dimplex Quantum use a self-learning algorithm to let you pre-set your heating requirements, just like central heating. Manual adjustment is simple, they can be overridden, and even have a control designed for arthritic fingers.
- Dimplex Quantum use insulation material with almost the lowest theoretically possible thermal conductivity, are up to 27% cheaper to run than standard storage heaters, and can be programmed to keep the room at the temperature you want, even into the evening.
- Other ranges of storage heaters are available to suit your budget, including models with integral convector heaters or fan heaters to help in the evening. However, when the additional heaters use full-price electricity, the running costs will be higher than for high heat retention storage heaters using off-peak power.
- Low consumption heaters- These are designed to use energy very efficiently.
- Fully programmable to automatically heat your room to your own schedule.
- A hand-held remote control can make programming easier
- Other Heaters
- Panel heaters fit on the wall for convenient heating, though they may be a less economic solution so are better used in infrequently occupied rooms. Some have programmable timers, and some are splashproof and suitable for bathrooms.
- Wall fan heaters provide fast heating though again may be less economical to use. Some are splashproof for bathroom use, and some have a timer to switch off after a while.
- Electric underfloor heating comes in a mat, which is installed by our heating engineers before the flooring. Particularly good in a small bathroom or a conservatory, where wall space for other heaters may be limited.
- Greenhouse & Utility heaters give a low background heat for frost protection.
- Water heating-As with storage heaters, water heating technology has improved.
- Heating controls, timers and thermostats –We can replace or upgrade the controls, thermostat, or timer for your heating or water heating system.
If you have a question for one of our heating engineers, or would like to chat to us about any project you would like our assistance with, please get in contact. Our heating engineers are based in East Sussex, and often work in Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford.