These days, our gardens are seen as an important extension to the designed interiors of our homes, helping us extend the house seamlessly into the garden. Creating the perfect outside space often means the inclusion of well-planned lighting to enhance the ambience. Our experienced electricians offer garden lighting installation as well as installing power safely and securely in your garden. We often work across East Sussex, in areas such as Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham, Seaford and Brighton.
Lighting will enable you to enjoy your garden both day and night. It can give an extra element of drama to your borders or provide a calm background to a quiet evening’s conversation. Consideration must be given to ensure the optimum light levels and saturations are used – too much harsh light will wash away the detail. Careful use of well-chosen lights can let the reflections and shadows of the plants give depth and colour to your garden.
Scene setting (preset dimmed levels or switching arrangements with a single press of a button) can be very effective, providing additional flexibility and control. Scene setting can also be added to your mobile devices so you can control it remotely. Or why not add a water feature? We can integrate the pump control and add some dramatic lighting as well.
- The regulations for exterior electrical installations require particular cables and joints, correctly installed and designed to cope with the conditions.
- Cables must usually be steel wire armoured (SWA) to protect them from damage, and there are rules for how they must be buried, or fixed to walls.
- Joints between cables, lights or other items must be waterproof.
- All wiring accessories (lights, sockets etc.) must be designed for exterior use.
- Norvetts have access to a wide range of exterior fittings.
- Contemporary and traditional designs. Each can look good on the lovely walls we have in East Sussex!
- A variety of materials and finishes to suit your garden.
- Some manufacturers offer long guarantees, and some warranties are shortened for installations in coastal areas.
- Fittings made with good quality stainless steel or plastic are worth considering in areas where salt corrosion may be an issue.
- We offer garden lighting installation to make it look great and work perfectly.
- It’s vital that you are protected when using electrical equipment outside, so any socket you use must be covered by an RCD.
- Norvetts have been installing high quality exterior sockets for many years because they have superb water and dust protection.
- They can be closed with a plug still inside, and the lids seal around the cable.
- An outside socket makes life easier in the garden or on the patio.
- No more feeding the plug through an open window and hoping the cable is long enough!
- No trailing cables indoors, and a home you can lock up if you’re out of sight for a while.
Would you like to talk to us about garden lighting installation and power? We’d love to help. Please get in contact with our electricians, who are based in East Sussex, but work in Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham, Seaford, Brighton and further afield.