Our electricians offer a mains board replacement service. Mains Distribution Board Replacement used to be known as a Fuse Board Replacement, and sometimes called Dis Board or Consumer Unit Replacement. We often work across East Sussex, carrying out fuse board replacements and installations, often in Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford areas.
Your mains distribution board should look something like this…
- It has trip switches (MCBs) to protect against overloading.
- It has two RCDs to protect all the circuits against earth faults.
- Not visible here, but all circuits must now have an earth wire.
- Regulations are updated often to increase consumer safety.
- Electricians must, if doing certain works, check your mains board meets regulations.
- Norvetts know the latest regulations and are happy to advise you. If you’re unsure, why not give us a ring now?
- New mains boards are more sensitive to faults in your wiring than older models. This makes your installation safer, though it might mean we need to spend time tracing any existing faults which show up once the new board is in.
If your mains distribution board doesn’t look like this, or you have any questions about a mains board replacement, please contact us! We are based in East Sussex and often work in Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham, Seaford and Brighton.