Mains powered fire alarms systems with battery back-up are essential. Emergency lighting is also vital in larger commercial buildings, to ensure everyone gets out to safety. Our commercial electricians offer the expert installation of both fire alarm systems and emergency lighting in East Sussex. If you’re company is based in any town within the county such as Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham, Seaford or Brighton, we’d love to help.
- Ionisation detectors are good for small particles from fast-burning fires e.g. paper or wood.
- Optical detectors work well for large particles from slow-burning or smouldering fires e.g. foam or pvc covered cables.
- Ionisation and optical detectors will each “see” both types of smoke, but be better at one kind.
- Fire alarm systems such as Heat alarms detect a rise in temperature, but not smoke, so they are good in kitchens.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors alert you to the lethal gas and are essential where you have boilers or stoves.
- Correctly sited emergency lighting and signage is essential to assist effective evacuation.
- Emergency lighting can also help in a power cut, gently lighting steps for a few hours for instance.
Please contact us if you would like to chat through what we can offer you (such as emergency lighting) to ensure your building is as safe as it can be. We are based in East Sussex and serve Alfriston, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hailsham, Seaford, Brighton and other towns in the county. We also offer security systems for both domestic and industrial/agricultural premises.